Monday, April 16, 2012

Swiss Poster




Okay, here is my attempt at the Swiss poster assignment. I chose a seemingly simple, text-dominant poster designed by Yurdaer Altintas. It is a poster dedicated to Alfred Hitchcock, created for the 1999 International Film Festival in Istanbul. I had a little difficulty replicating the font, so I tried to choose one as similar as possible. This assignment was challenging in the sense that I could not make out the text on the top of the image. After coming to many dead ends I decided to omit it and leave my copy as is, but you can see in the original what I am talking about. Definitely one of the more tougher assignments, can't wait to see what others come up with.

2 comments:

  1. Overall a very nice job with this Jennifer... choosing a text heavy design is an excellent solution. The stark simplicity of the large white letters on a black ground is striking and effective.

    Often times, graphic designers use placeholder text which is a form of fake Latin that we actually call greeking...you can use that anytime you want the structure of the text but don't want to bother with or have the original copy to use.

    All in all a very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wish I hadn't flattened the image before I added in the little icon of his face, then I would have been able to tuck it behind the letter a little more.

    ReplyDelete