Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Cover

For my book cover I chose my favorite author, Bill Bryson. For those of you who are unfamiliar with his writings, he is a travel writer, and a hilarious one at that.  His books are mostly nonfiction, and he has a way of making something as boring as dryer lint and make it interesting and humorous.   I chose one of his books that I haven't read so I wouldn't have a biased opinion on what to put on the cover, I tried to use just the title and description to give me an idea of what sort of design I wanted to put together, and I really liked the process.  This project was really fun for me, I feel that right now I am comfortable with Photoshop and really want to purchase the new version.  Please let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Okay Jennifer... the front picture looks skewed in from the sides.. remember to crop to the size you need, not skew... leave space for margins all around... see how Bill is jammed into the fold for the spine and how the vertical name touches it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see that. Is there a way (Other than undo) to un-flatten an image and get your layers back once you have flattened it? I am trying to find a way to fix it without redoing the entire project since I flattened and saved...

    ReplyDelete